Host a Project
Volunteers For Peace has been organizing international voluntary service projects in the USA since 1982!
Each year we organize over 40 projects with non-profits, community organizations, parks and recreation departments, and others. In 2010, international volunteers participating in our US projects donated over 23,000 hours of service to local organizations!
Let us know if you would like more information about hosting a project in your area.
"VFP volunteers, pictured working to remove invasive species, have provided thousands of hours of community service to us and have allowed us to develop our parks and accomplish goals that simply would not have been possible without them.” Geoff Beyer ~ Montpelier Parks 2010
- January – Plan your project! Brainstorm with your organization or group all the things volunteers could help you accomplish.
- February – Project Announcement is due to VFP. This must include the specific dates of the program as well as details about the work, accommodations, and theme.
- March – VFP shares your project announcement with all our partners around the world! Your project is announced through all our networks.
- April – Project Information Sheet is due to VFP. This is given to volunteers as they register for your project with more details about where they are going and what they will be doing.
- April – June – VFP is registering international volunteers into your project. You can receive updates on who is coming and what countries will be represented.
- July – September – This is when most of our US projects take place. Your volunteers arrive, your work is accomplished, and friendships are made!
- August – October – You complete a report on your project, share media and photos, and work with VFP to plan for the future.
Concord Peace Camp ~ 2010